Saturday, August 21, 2010

... rediscover the joys of baking?

Life has been crazy good. Good because I'm happy and crazy because I haven't found the time to indulge in one of my favorite things on earth for ages! Today after Core Fusion, I decided to take a walk through Boston Commons (Boston Commons is so lovely this time of the year, with the prettiest flowers in full bloom.) to the Whole Foods at Charles River Plaza. I picked up some cherries and made a clafoutis with the apricots and mangoes I already had in the refrigerator. Work has been stressful of late but baking, and particularly the warm and sweet scent that emanates from the oven, always relaxes and cheers me up.

Now I'm just waiting for it to cool completely and for someone to return from NYC before we tuck into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment