Sunday, September 5, 2010

...train for the marathon (week 3)?

Am sharing my weekly running schedule, partly as a way to record my training journey towards completing a full marathon for future reference, and partly to share with others who might be interested one day to attempt a full marathon.

This week's training was seriously hampered by my weekend activities, haha. It's Sept, I'm turning 30 and it's time for some serious celebrations. :)

ST's training schedule:

Mon - 30 mins (optional)
Tues - 20 mins
Wed - 30 mins (optional)
Thur - 20 mins
Fri - Day off
Sat - 20 mins
Sun - 30 mins

My training schedule:

Mon - Day off
Tues - Day off
Wed - 22 mins
Thurs - 30 mins
Fri - Day off
Sat - Day off
Sun - Day off

2 comments:

  1. Hey LK,

    Congrats and good luck with the training! Is this your 2nd marathon? Which one is it? I plan to train for a marathon next year too, although i doubt i could do it in singapore. Can't take the heat.. i'm excited for you!

    cheers, su anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Su Anne,

    Thanks for your best wishes! Yup, this is my second marathon, the first was in 2007. I had a surgery in 2008, so have spent the last two years trying to get back in shape and to attempt the marathon again this year.
    It is the Singapore Marathon, slated for 5 Dec. Try and get a running partner! It's easier to train and less lonely during the run! My timings have deteriorated since I started running alone (none of my friends wants to run half-marathons or marathons, they all think I'm mad! haha)

    ReplyDelete