Friday, February 5, 2010

...rediscover the benefits of Bodycombat?

There was a period of time, when I would call myself a fitness freak. I was not at my fittest but I was spending at least two days a week at the gym (mainly for Bodycombat), and doing all sorts of activities, like jogging, rock climbing and badminton during the weekends. There was a time I went for a 2-hour jog and then went to rock-climb for another 2 hours!

Somehow, I lost steam along the way, due to a variety of reasons. But I have since rediscovered the joys of Bodycombat. The gym is now located a convenient 10 mins walk from the office, so there will be lots more of before-work, lunch-time and after-work Bodycombat sessions for me.

Bodycombat is a combination of aerobics, dance, and martial arts (like muay thai and capoeira). With the punches, upper cuts, hooks, front kicks, side kicks, jump-kicks, you really get a full body workout! After the cardio workout, there is still 10 minutes left at the end of the session for toning your body (with the push-ups and sit-ups). What's more, you even get to punch and kick an imaginary opponent, perfect for letting off steam on those days when your boss gets really irritating (and you can't do anything about it). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment